Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(gum)(with masculine article in the singular) asa fétida feminine
- A variety of flavoured saunf (fennel seeds), fruity breath-fresheners and indigenous Indian spices like asafoetida and amchur come at Rs.40 for a 100 gm packet.
- Apparently, he doesn't like using garlic in his food… so he uses this spice called asafetida, which is really stinky and looked like Chinese medicine powder to me.
- No plant now known from Libya or N. Africa produces a resin that resembles asafoetida.
- Ruchi also has instant food mixes, spice powders and asafoetida under its belt, apart from a small presence in dates.
- Fry red chillies, urad dal and asafoetida till it turns red.
- Saute the leaves with a little ghee, roast the urad dal and chilli and grind with salt and asafoetida.
- Add cloves and asafoetida, fry until the fragrance rises.
- Lower the fire and add the chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Asafoetida water may be used in the place of asafoetida powder.
- Add sweet corn, ginger/green chilli paste, asafetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
- Skullcap will probably not be very effective for the individual with weak digestion and internal coldness while asafoetida will probably not be effective for the individual with a toxic, stagnant liver.
- The therapy for light abdominal pain is application of asafetida and not Baralgan.
- Avoid eating too much ginger, garlic, asafetida, hot red peppers or any types of hot peppers even in winter if you are sensitive to the sun.
- Dietary asafoetida, cumin and onion also significantly enhanced the activity of pancreatic amylase.
- She came in a week later reporting that the herbs were working, especially the asafoetida and ginger combination.
- For about four handfuls of leaves, you would need about one to two spoonfuls of urad dal, a small dried red chilli, a little asafoetida and salt to taste.
- Place the flour, turmeric, cumin, coriander, asafoetida and salt in a bowl.
- When hot, put in the asafetida (if using), then, a second later, the cumin seeds.
- Cooking them with spices such as turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida or garlic will kindle the digestive fire and make them easily digestible.
- She also mentions some herbs that can help - asafoetida, cumin seed, and winter savory all lower flatulence.
2(plant)(with masculine article in the singular) asa fétida feminine