Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1the Ascension — la Ascensión
- After the Resurrection and the Ascension of Jesus, the disciples were filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
- The reign of Christ begins with the Ascension, even as the witness of the church will soon be inaugurated by the sending of God's empowering Holy Spirit.
- What does a belief in the Incarnation and the Resurrection and the Ascension and the future judgment mean for Christian practice and politics?
- This particular hymn 28 celebrates the paradox of the incarnation, alluding to the feasts of Easter and the Ascension.
- The Ascension inaugurates God's eternal reign through Jesus Christ.
- Jesus' words address the situation of every generation of the church since the Ascension.
- The Feast of the Ascension marks the fortieth day after Easter, as Jesus is taken up to heaven in the cloud.
- The Ascension of Christ at the end of his time on earth is his liberation from restrictions of time and space.
- But the Ascension is not to be conflated with the Resurrection, and to celebrate the former is not in any way to diminish the latter.
- After the Ascension the disciples, according to their Lord's instruction, prayed together in the upstairs room where they were staying.
- In the presence of Christ's absence, which is the entire sum of human time and history after the Ascension, the human being no longer knows what goodness really is.
- This text uniquely ties together the Ascension and our need to be witnesses of this glorious event and of all the life and teachings of Christ.
- The 22 sections present the Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus in a vigorously dramatic way.
- When I was a little girl, the Paschal candle was extinguished in Ascension as a sign of the mystery of Christ's departure.
- In the upper panels of the south doors are two events witnessed by the apostles: Pentecost on the left and the Ascension on the right.
- But when did Passion become a specialised term of church vocabulary, like the Ascension, to describe a very specific period in the life of Christ?
- Here we have music for the feast of the Ascension, all scrupulously edited with additions carefully formed from an understanding of the practices of the time.
- My latest posting on ‘A scripture blog’ looks at the Ascension.
- If we have not extinguished the paschal candle on Ascension, we may do so during the reading from Acts as the Holy Spirit roars through the assembly.
- The window on the east wing depicts the crucifixion while the Lady Chapel features a spectacular scene of the Ascension.