Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- With regard to marriage Luther pursues the same idea: The marital relationship between a man and a woman is true chastity and of higher value than monastic asceticism.
- The icon, in particular, is a practical form of art, dealing directly with questions of spiritual life such as holiness and asceticism.
- In his time the religious energy and zeal were flowing away from the empirical world into the desert of otherworldliness, asceticism and renunciation.
- He had now experienced both the extremes of a life of ease and comfort (as a prince) and the life of extreme austerity and asceticism.
- This Pharisee was boasting, in other words, of an asceticism beyond the norm.