Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Participants in the study included families of 1,218 children with ASD, recruited through an online questionnaire.
- An estimated 600,000 children and adults in the UK are affected by ASD.
- In approximately 70% of cases, when one identical twin has ASD, so does the other.
- The earlier ASD is detected, the more effective early intervention can be in the life of a child.
- According to the authors, the ability of an animal to help children with ASD connect to adults may help foster interactions with therapists, teachers or other adult figures.