Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The arrival of Asiatic cholera in Europe in 1830, against which quarantines proved singularly ineffective, heralded the demise of the system.
- Though often pricier than Asiatic lilies, Oriental lilies have such impact in the vase that just a stem or two go a long way!
- The bamboo, apparently with some genetic memory of its roots in steamy Asiatic climes, was spreading ferociously, its roots stealthily undermining surrounding shrubs and sending up a multitude of shoots in their midst.
- Geographically, the 500-square kilometre Kunopalpur forest, partly covered with grassland required for Asiatic Lion, is said to be more suitable for the lions.
- Fewer than 300 Asiatic lions are left in the wild - all concentrated in the same area, the Gir Forest in Gujarat, India - while only 200 live in captivity.
- Arna is a 46-year old Asiatic elephant who was transported to Australia as an orphan from Vietnam many decades ago.
- When the first Spanish and Portuguese explorers arrived in the New World they found Asiatic chickens.
- They asked about the differences between an African and Asiatic lion, about how a radio collar works and how the shrinking forests have affected the animals.
- I've nearly done a long, leisurely Asiatic tale in which there are hardly any Englishmen.
- The Asiatic lion once roamed the forests of Asia Minor, Arabia, Persia and India.
- Woolly mammoths grew to about the size of present-day Asiatic elephants, possessed warm coats consisting of long, brown guard hairs and soft underwool, large curved ivory tusks, and knob-like heads.
- As a rule, Asiatic lilies have tall, strong stems with 4-to 6-inch leaves radiating outward along the stem and clusters of flowers at the top.
- For a sunny bed, I've planted wide swaths of bearded iris, Asiatic lilies, and daylilies together, which becomes the mid-summer highlight of my garden.
- After receiving her master's degree, she headed to the University of Minnesota to undertake advanced studies on Asiatic bears in general and the Formosa black bear in particular.
- Among the wildflowers, most of which bloom in April and May, are jack-in-the-pulpit, several kinds of violets, and Asiatic dayflower.
- A few years later I was in the Gir Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park in India's Gujarat state, where the last remaining Asiatic lions live.
- Warman devotes most of the remainder of the book to tracing the history of corn in major areas of the world, dealing first with Asiatic locales.
- In the intervening years the ruble collapsed along with other Asiatic currencies.
- When the religion was established, its founders were influenced by Greek philosophy and Asiatic thought.
- Several European and Asiatic spruces have promise for use as Christmas trees in Ohio.