Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1síndrome de Asperger masculine
- We reviewed them for evidence of the spectrum of autistic disorders, including Asperger's syndrome.
- The definition of autism changed in 1994 to include milder forms of the disorder, such as Asperger's syndrome, in which children lack social skills but are often highly verbal.
- The affliction has also been likened to Asperger's syndrome, a mild variant of autism.
- However, Tourette's syndrome and affective disorders more commonly co-occur with Asperger's syndrome than with autism, he adds.
- Much controversy exists regarding the definition of Asperger's syndrome or disorder, both in clinical practice and in research studies.
- They may have a nonverbal learning disability, Asperger's syndrome, high-functioning autism, mild retardation or traumatic brain damage.
- People with Asperger's syndrome can be greatly helped by special training in social skills.
- In autism children are withdrawn, whereas in Asperger's syndrome they desire social contact but cannot negotiate rules.
- The non-profit centre, which began functioning with just a handful of children, works for those with autism, Asperger's syndrome, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and learning difficulties.
- As the mother of a child with Asperger's syndrome - an autistic spectrum disorder - Ms Dawson felt compelled to study the case.
- The best-known types of autism are ‘typical autism’ and Asperger's syndrome.
- In previous surveys, mild diagnoses such as Asperger's syndrome were likely excluded.
- The professor has been making attempts to understand the causes and research potential treatments for autism and related disorders such as Asperger's syndrome.
- Christopher Boone lives in Swindon and has Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of autism: he is brilliant at maths but not good at people.
- Today, doctors group Asperger's syndrome with four other conditions - including autism - that are called autistic spectrum disorders or pervasive developmental disorders.
- By now, I was convinced that Hayley had an undiagnosed, albeit mild, form of Asperger's syndrome.
- Still another client, diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and mental retardation, has used countless methods of photo-therapy to create images of her family system.
- Someone with autism and Asperger's syndrome will take at face value what is said to them.
- Christopher is thought to have Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, although this is never made fully clear.
- It struck me how tense and exhausting everyday life is for someone with Asperger's syndrome: the world can be hard enough to cope with for those of us with ‘normal’ skills - for someone like Patrick everything has to be learned by rote.