Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- They were transferred to our neonatal intensive care unit with a presumptive diagnosis of perinatal asphyxia.
- Until recently, it was widely believed that asphyxia (lack of oxygen) during a difficult delivery was the cause of most cases of cerebral palsy.
- The remaining cases included asphyxia, aspiration, sepsis, and unknown cause.
- The patient had a history of perinatal asphyxia.
- Substantial increases were noted for deaths due to asphyxia, sudden infant death syndrome, infection, and external causes.
- The cause of death was asphyxia and blunt force injuries.
- Similarly, many instances of intrapartum asphyxia resulting in stillbirth were of babies who were already growth restricted.
- Perinatal asphyxia is one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the neonatal period.
- About one case will be associated with genuine perinatal asphyxia.
- While asphyxia during delivery still causes some fetal deaths, it is not a common cause of these losses.
- In the United States and more developed regions of the world, trained health care professionals can rapidly take steps to treat asphyxia.
- A post-mortem examination established the cause of death was asphyxia.
- The most serious acute consequence of inhalant abuse is death, which usually occurs secondary to aspiration, accidental trauma, or asphyxia.
- The final death certificate that came from the Pentagon some time later said it was death by asphyxia and is being investigated as a homicide.
- The cause of death was asphyxia and a blood alcohol level showed he was just over the legal drink drive limit.
- No concurrent or contributory cause of the brain damage is established, the only candidate apart from birth asphyxia being some prenatal pathology.
- These babies are malnourished and are prone to asphyxia before and during labour.
- In old times it used to be given as an injection for such conditions as cerebral concussion and asphyxia from drowning.
- An autopsy indicated the man died from blunt force injuries and asphyxia.
- It lists these as birth asphyxia, birth trauma and low birth weight - the conditions that arise in the perinatal period.