Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Ceres was initially considered to be a planet until other asteroids with similar orbits were found.
- Most of the known asteroids orbit the sun in a belt between Mars and Jupiter.
- These scientists also study the natural satellites of other planets as well as asteroids and comets.
- Fragments of asteroids and comets pervade interplanetary space.
- We know very little about these families of asteroids following the same orbit.
- Amateur astronomers have made many asteroid, comet, and supernova discoveries.
- There may be other families of small asteroids within our solar system that, even now, remain to be discovered.
- Both comets and asteroids are the left-over building blocks of the planets in our solar system.
- Our knowledge of comets and asteroids has dramatically improved over the last 20 years.
- Comets and asteroids also contribute to the near-Earth space environment.
- In many ways asteroids and comets are likely to offer more varied and abundant natural resources than the Moon.
- It has been suggested that impacts with comets and asteroids provided Earth with much of its water.
- Some explanations for extinctions and evolution include strikes by asteroids or comets.
- Our star system is chock full of asteroids and comets, in every conceivable orbit and location.
- Most of the larger asteroids and comets are also in stable orbits around the sun.
- In our own solar system, asteroids have collided with Earth, the moon and other planets.
- Dinosaurs may not have been killed off by asteroid impact dust blocking out sunlight, a geologist says.
- When the asteroid hit, it was vaporized by the extreme energy of the impact.
- Once an asteroid drifts into either of those regions, it's hard for it to get out.
- It's just that you can't keep quiet about things like asteroid impacts.
- You can also get asteroid hazard warnings and geomagnetic storm outlooks.
- So to neglect the problem means that we are vulnerable to asteroid collisions.
- These glaciers are spotted with craters caused by asteroid impacts.