Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1asilado masculineasilada feminine
- Some of the would-be asylees are in serious need of international protection.
- Congress needs to restore the original intent of the political asylum law and resist efforts to develop new classifications of asylees.
- There are other categories (lottery winners), and refugees and asylees, but the Rule is: individual Americans invite individual immigrants.
- During 1992-2002, an estimated 380,000 to 536,000 persons entered the United States annually as immigrants, refugees, or asylees.
- Smugglers commonly fool would-be asylees, taking their money and disappearing or simply failing to help them cross Turkey's borders.
- U.S. immigration law mandates screening outside the United States for applicants designated as refugees or asylees.
- One in 10 students is a refugee or asylee, often from either Cuba or Haiti.
- A question that needs to be addressed by many other states and international organizations concerns the status of long-term refugees and asylees.
- As a condition of entry, persons migrating as immigrants, refugees, and asylees are required to be screened for diseases of public health significance, including TB.
- Immigrants, refugees, and asylees constitute only a fraction of foreign-born persons who enter the United States each year.
- The Jamestown Foundation Jamestown is a unique organization founded in the early eighties to assist asylees and defectors from the Soviet Union and Eastern Bloc countries.
- The Dublin Convention set up an EU-wide data base of asylees and refugees and clarified responsibility for processing asylum seekers who had applied to several EU countries.