Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- A full-size wooden replica of an Athenian temple might be erected in a manorial garden.
- In the 4th century the Athenian state did not hesitate to commission historical paintings or portraits of living benefactors and allies.
- The Athenian mix of culture and commerce was as apparent in art as in architecture.
- She has shown herself to be all that the Athenian society desires her to be.
- The statue had once stood in the Athenian market place.
- The Athenian king comes over demanding to know what is happening.
- He came from a family that played a prominent part in Athenian politics.
- We have to remember that Athenian audiences would sit through nine hours of tragic performance.
- He was one of the first modern scholars to argue that Athenian rhetoric is valuable precisely because of its connection to democratic government.
- He had little specific control over Athenian foreign and domestic policy.
1ateniense masculine, feminine
- Even Alexander the Great had to recompense an Athenian who was robbed on the way to Olympia.
- An Athenian was always to be admiral of the combined fleet.
- I am an Athenian.
- He was the son of an Athenian.
- The Athenian believed that the traditional sources of Greek wisdom had become dysfunctional.