Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1número atómico masculine
- In those cases in which the number of protons changes, the new nucleus has a different atomic number, and it therefore belongs to a different element.
- In a neutral atom, the number of electrons is equal to the number of protons, therefore, the atomic number also indicates the number of electrons in an atom.
- We now have data on the properties of 29 new nuclei with atomic numbers between 104 and 118.
- There, elements are arranged according to their atomic number - the number of protons in the nuclei.
- When you move down the periodic table, as the atomic numbers increase, the elements become rarer.
- The higher the atomic number, the more shells and electrons an atom will have.
- The existence of an element with an atomic number of 21 was predicted in 1869 by Dmitri Mendeleev.
- Heavy metals are metallic elements that have a high atomic number and are poisonous to living organisms.