Learn English Grammar From A–Z
Biology Electricity Telecommunications
1atenuarattenuating circumstances — circunstancias atenuantes
- Varicella-zoster virus vaccine is a live attenuated virus that becomes latent after vaccination.
- BCG is a live attenuated vaccine and is being given routinely to all newborns under the universal immunization programme.
- Childhood vaccination against varicella with a live attenuated vaccine is now common in the United States and may be introduced elsewhere.
- Inactivated vaccines don't seem to work as well as live attenuated vaccines, and in this review at least, did not work at all in children under 2.
- This live, attenuated vaccine contains a weakened form of the tularemia bacterium, enabling the immune system to recognize and produce neutralizing antibodies against the bacterium if it is encountered again.
- The authors conclude that live, attenuated intranasally administered influenza vaccine is safe and effective in healthy adults.
- An existing, attenuated vaccine against yellow fever is not very effective for just this reason and has to be administered every four years.
- Proactive primary prevention presumes that the pathogen can be attenuated or prevented from reaching the individual.
- The measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine contains live attenuated measles, mumps, and rubella viruses.
- However, other strains of probiotic organisms actually attenuated the cytokine response.
- Not only was this well tolerated, but a myriad of physiological, biochemical, and histological measures of lung damage and inflammation were considerably attenuated, and mortality was reduced.
- Surfactant therapy attenuated this deterioration, but not completely.
- Because vaccination attenuates the clinical presentation of pertussis, a more sensitive case definition than spasmodic cough of two weeks should be adopted in vaccinated populations.
- Long-term exposure to allergens can attenuate inflammation and revert airway hyperreactivity to normal responsiveness.
- In contrast, fasting, which reduces serum leptin, attenuates ozone-induced inflammation.
- Overall, the inflammatory response was attenuated by hydrocortisone.
- To date, only a single randomized placebo-controlled trial has been done to determine whether augmentation therapy attenuates the development of emphysema.
- Live, attenuated influenza vaccine was licensed in 2003 for intranasal administration to healthy children and adults five to 49 years of age.
- Recently, a live attenuated virus preparation was developed that reduced the number of infections by 19 to 24 percent when given intranasally to healthy adult volunteers.
- Adverse events such as anaphylaxis may be related to a sensitivity to vaccine components rather than to the attenuated vaccine virus itself.
- In one live, attenuated vaccine approach, scientists genetically modify the TB bacterium in the laboratory, thereby reducing its ability to cause disease.
- Live, attenuated influenza virus vaccine and placebo were administered as an intranasal spray in a single dose between mid-September and mid-November.
- In recent years, engineers have developed receivers that will perform satisfactorily even with multipath-corrupted and severely attenuated signals such as those found indoors.
- New designs have greatly improved the sensitivity of GPS receivers so they can make code-phase measurements even on the severely attenuated signals inside buildings.
- However, a possible drawback is that, as a consequence of relatively high conductivities, low frequency electric fields are severely attenuated in biological tissues.
- As a result of the high electrical conductivity of sea water, signals are attenuated rapidly as they propagate downward through it.
- Semiconductor photodiodes offer high-sensitivity and low-noise operation, enabling them to detect very low light levels; attenuating filters must be used for high powers.
- The pressure pulse will then propagate mainly at that specific frequency along the meridian since it is minimally attenuated at the resonant frequency.
- Despite the fact that the charge on the metal is high, the field acting on the membrane is greatly attenuated by the electrolyte ions in the thin layer of solvent.
- You don't have a choice in stereo: You force everything into that left/right soundfield by selectively boosting or attenuating certain frequencies to enhance those instruments.
- Notice that UHF frequencies are attenuated much more than VHF.
- If this signal is to be passed to downstream devices, it must be amplified and the jitter eliminated or attenuated.