The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of berenjena
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and then fry off the vegetables in turn, aubergines first then peppers then courgettes.
- This is a lovely way of doing a variety of fried vegetables, like aubergines, courgettes, pumpkin, spinach and squash.
- It will surprise no one to hear that the aubergine is my favourite vegetable.
- Remove the leaves from the top of the aubergine then cut the fruit into four lengthways.
- A variety of organic vegetables is grown under glass at the site, including aubergines, courgettes, peppers, lettuce, runner beans, peas and pumpkins.
- Cut the aubergine and courgettes into neat 1.5cm cubes or diamonds with skins on, for the colour.
- The vegetables - aubergine, pepper, mushroom and onion - were slightly spicy, and served still warm.
- Although the ground remains too hard to sow direct, meaning the parsnips still aren't in, the aubergines were sown yesterday in soil blocks in the greenhouse.
- Served warm, the big, fat, juicy peppers, courgettes and aubergines had a breath of garlic and were consumed with great gusto.
- Lift out the aubergine, tomato and some of the onion with a draining spoon.
- Since the resort began supporting local enterprises, many of the people have started growing new crops like courgettes, aubergines and peppers.
- Even the chargrilled vegetables - which included courgettes, aubergines and sweet peppers - were excellent.
- This was a large portion of delicious aubergines, courgettes and peppers, roasted and served in a tasty marinade.
- He also grows grapes, tomatoes, aubergines, peppers, squash, sage, thyme, rosemary and bay.
- Grill the aubergines, fennel, courgettes, and peppers, a few at a time, brushing with plenty of olive oil and seasoning on both sides until well coloured and tender.
- Combine the aubergine, pepper and courgettes and spread over the potatoes.
- Slice the aubergines crosswise, brush with a little extra olive oil and grill on both sides until well marked.
- Peel the charred skin off the peppers, aubergines and onions.
- Just then, my next course arrives; it turns out to be a stuffed aubergine pie with layers of wild mushroom.
- Halve the tomatoes, again lengthways, and cut the aubergine into short, thick chunks then add them to the potatoes.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!