Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(in carpentry)taladro masculinebarrena feminineauger bit — broca salomónica
- This boring article presents a few of the many interesting variants in wood boring augers and twist bits.
- A spoon auger used to bore holes into wood.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
- The Bayeux Tapestry contains a particularly telling shipbuilding scene in which trees are felled and planks selected, the shipwright checks the lines of the ship by eye and other craftsmen set to work with axes and augers.
- The earlier wooden screws for olive and grape presses and the later devices such as augers and letterpresses are all based on the principle of the screw and precede the use of the screwdriver.
- We use the auger to drill holes, the sweeper to sweep the parking lot, the hammer to bust concrete.
- I carefully drill 16-inch - to 18-inch-deep holes with a 2-inch diameter soil auger.
- Samples of clay from the auger holes were tested for moisture content but did not indicate any exceptional level of desiccation.
- While he was digging the holes in the sand with a huge auger...
- Watching them work, they felt a surge of sympathy for the soldiers who alternated in pairs as they screwed the augers into the semi-frozen earth.