The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- The prominently depicted hen and rooster form the brightest spot in the foreground, as they are encircled by an aureole of light.
- Facing them, the rest of us could see little but shadowy faces, surrounded by bright aureoles.
- She rubs pigment into engraved lines and allows this to produce a slick aureole around the image.
- Many figures have wings, some possess an aureole around their heads and/or a very particular design of cap.
- Einstein's wild hair is not the mad scientist's coiffure but a secular aureole, bespeaking his superhuman intelligence and wisdom.
- Facing him was a spry elfin-faced girl with an aureole of blonde hair around her head and intent dark eyes.
- Auras are not to be confused with the aureoles or halos of saints, which are devices of Christian iconography used to depict the radiance of light associated with divine infusion.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!