Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The prominently depicted hen and rooster form the brightest spot in the foreground, as they are encircled by an aureole of light.
- Facing them, the rest of us could see little but shadowy faces, surrounded by bright aureoles.
- She rubs pigment into engraved lines and allows this to produce a slick aureole around the image.
- Many figures have wings, some possess an aureole around their heads and/or a very particular design of cap.
- Einstein's wild hair is not the mad scientist's coiffure but a secular aureole, bespeaking his superhuman intelligence and wisdom.
- Facing him was a spry elfin-faced girl with an aureole of blonde hair around her head and intent dark eyes.
- Auras are not to be confused with the aureoles or halos of saints, which are devices of Christian iconography used to depict the radiance of light associated with divine infusion.