Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1piloto automático masculine
- Disengage the automatic pilot and contact the control tower for clearance.
- The speed valves control the rate at which the automatic pilot reacts to bring the airplane back on its course.
- After climbing out and disappearing from sight above the clouds, the pilot switched on the automatic pilot and sat back, the story goes.
- Of course, formation flying was no place for an automatic pilot, but for lead ships in the formation they would have been really handy.
- The automatic pilot is engaged, but the pilots don't relax until we leave dangerous airspace.
- In the Indiana crash, the automatic pilot shut down when the icing became extreme and returned control of the craft to the pilots.
- Those conditions forced its automatic pilot to change course quickly.
- He changed course to starboard and, implementing David's suggestion, set the automatic pilot and went to make himself some coffee, which he wanted badly.
- The automatic pilot had been programmed to fly the plane to Athens airport, and it was unclear how or why it had been disengaged, he said.
- In 1965, a British European Airways jet airliner made the first landing by automatic pilot.
- As Flight Engineer he must monitor the various manoeuvres, which are performed by automatic pilot, making sure that everything runs smoothly.