The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(state/region) autónomoautonomous peripheral — periférico autónomo
- They have established an alternative system of government with autonomous regions, and district and village level authorities.
- The process was designed, in Stalin's words, to produce republics and autonomous regions that were national in form, but socialist in content.
- It resembles more a treaty between separate autonomous nation states than a real binding constitution for a single European state.
- Farmers held protests last week in 11 of the country's autonomous regions, calling for compensation.
- By contrast the perspective of creating a separate state or an autonomous region was geared to the requirements of the elite.
- The State Council has stipulated that each province, municipality and autonomous region must report on traffic safety every quarter.
- The country is divided into twenty-three provinces, five autonomous regions, and four municipalities.
- The Spanish government designated it as an autonomous region in 1985.
- The arid land of this autonomous republic supports a nomadic lifestyle.
- Soon it was in conflict with an autonomous republic in its territory, which it wanted to retain.
- But those elections may not prevent the country effectively dividing into three autonomous regions.
- There were seventeen of them - one minister from each of the seventeen autonomous regions.
- The autonomous region is now in the next stage of a grindingly long battle between tradition and modernity.
- The Aland Islands are a self-governing autonomous part of Finland.
- There is no autonomous indigenous community, independent of the state.
- Federalism is a trickier concept in the European context because the Member States are not political subdivisions of the Union, but rather sovereign and autonomous entities.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!