Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.
- The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.
- The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.
- Next we asked whether sex chromosomes and autosomes contribute equally to the patterns of inheritance.
- The fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster has two sex chromosomes and three autosomes.