The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de aguacate
1also avocado pearaguacate masculinopalta femenino Bolivia, Cono Sur, Perú
- Vegetables and fruits are very expensive with an avocado pear in town centre costing K2,500 instead of K500 in Ndola.
- My other favourite foods include avocado pear, bananas, pears, oranges, grapes and walnuts, when they are in season.
- For a further #5 fruit selection, I had four each red apples, William pears, bananas, an avocado and a lemon.
- It is also essential in a potato salad and enhances the creamy flesh of the avocado, especially if there is some tomato in there too.
- At the same time make sure you have some blood oranges and ripe avocados on chill too.
- Meanwhile peel the avocados and cut the flesh into chunks.
- These include vegetable oils, oily fish, avocados, nuts and seeds.
- One of the things we enjoyed was a wonderful avocado soup.
- Arrange avocado slices and tomatoes on top of each plate.
- Serve with bread and olives or, for a more hearty meal, add an avocado salad and some kumara baked in their skins.
- Although hot enough to burn a tongue, it makes a good accompaniment for either the large avocado or the broccoli salad.
- I love the lamb and they also do scallops wrapped in Parma ham with an avocado salad.
- Like apples, avocados will brown when exposed to air.
- Ancient Mayan Inca and Aztec women believed that avocados fed the skin from the inside and outside.
- One nurse cannot peel raw potatoes and the other cannot eat bananas, avocados, cherries, plums, nectarines, and peaches.
- And had she ordered the salad without tomatoes and avocados due to some serious allergy, I would have felt really bad.
- Foods that are rich in unsaturated fats include oily fish, avocados, nuts and sunflower, rapeseed and olive oils.
- The Hummus Pita is crammed with hummus, bell peppers, onion, banana peppers, avocados, tomatoes, and sprouts.
- Soft fruits like avocados, bananas, berries and papayas can be pureed and mixed with extracted juices.
- There are pyramids of sweet-smelling guavas, papayas, watermelons, pineapples, custard apples, lemons, limes and avocados.
2(tree)aguacate masculinopalto masculino Bolivia, Cono Sur, Perúpalta femenino Bolivia, Cono Sur, Perúpaltero masculino Bolivia, Cono Sur, Perú
- These include exotic ylang ylang, jasmine, turmeric, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, curry leaf, water lilies, mahogany trees, avocados, wax apples, and five varieties of mango.
- Even as it matures, the tropical avocado will never be able to take unusually low temperatures.
- There was an apple tree and an avocado in the front yard, surrounded by thick St. Augustine grass.
- His small, vertiginous banana farm, fringed with avocado and palm trees, is at Marigot on Dominica.
- About eight or ten of them, squatting on the castaway cart, staring vacantly over the avocado trees and maize fields.
- They planted avocado and apricot trees, grew wheat, and invested their savings in a herd of sheep for milking.
- You can plant the seed and grow your own tree as a houseplant, but you'll need patience - avocados take five to thirteen years to bear fruit.
- Each had its own garden, with vines and avocados and small citrus groves.
- Growing up in the Great White North there was a scarcity of avocado trees, and it fascinates me to see tropical fruits and veggies in their beginning stages.
- The prince earlier visited Eluxolweni Shelter, a home for 48 abandoned, physically and sexually abused children - where he planted an avocado tree and unveiled a plaque.
- Now in the twilight of his life, he sits and carves under the same avocado tree, welcoming visitors, showing them his work and sharing his unique message and vision of the world.
- Fourteen years later, Ndwale, now 80, sits barefoot outside her home beneath a laden avocado tree and explains why she married Syombua.
- Likewise, many parts of the avocado tree find uses as herbal medicines.
- Other avocado trees grew tall and rather flimsy as they were planted too close together and we did not realise that we should have topped them.
- The avocado trees are the best - sturdy and good branches to hold onto.
- We pull up to Mambo Theoline's little white house with the avocado tree out front and scratch at her door.
- I watched a leaf fall from one of our two avocado trees and circle in the air, stirred by the wind's hand.
- Most older avocado trees require little or no pruning.
- And did you know how incredibly easy it is to grow an avocado tree?
- Apparently he'd gotten away and slipped back into the scary darkness of the avocado trees.
3(color)verde pino masculino
- The shirt I got was lime green and avocado with three-quarter length sleeves.
- This week I'm staying out of the kitchen because I spent most of last week there, scraping the remains of the geometric patterned avocado green carpet off of the linoleum tiles underneath.
- I particularly remember the jaunt to buy a motorized exercise/torture device which came in the required shade of avocado green.
- Okay, first, I was eight when the Sixties ended and had nothing to do with the whole harvest gold - avocado green travesty.
- The so-called rightie lumping Hank K in with untamed sideburns and avocado green kitchen appliances?
- It's virtually impossible to camouflage an aircraft in broad daylight so it's pointless to speculate over whether hot pink or avocado green is better for daytime stealth.
- The hundred or so hat-to-shoe ensembles - like the one made from fuzzy, avocado green bathroom mats - on display in the film are worth the ticket price.
- Not readily evident were the harvest gold and avocado green of the '70s.
- The same couple lived there for years, raising their kids in the sprawling brick ranch with the obnoxious avocado green trim.
- Both are exuberant riots of colour, from the palest avocado to looming midnight blues, with great carefree splodges of paint and taught, pacy lines that spiral into little whirlwinds of detail.
- The slipcover is 100% cotton and it's color is a shade of green (almost an avocado green).
- We finally have our homes decorated in charming hues of country blue, dusty pink, and seafoam green after being stuck in shades of avocado green and gold for years.
- ‘The whole place had been decorated in woodchip and painted avocado,’ he says.
- He meticulously photographed every avocado appliance.
- My mother had her avocado appliances, stove, refrigerator and washer and dryer.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!