Learn English Grammar From A–Z
sistema de medidas de peso usado en el mundo anglosajónone pound avoirdupois — una libra / 453,6 gramos
- In the metric system, the base unit of weight is the gram; in the avoirdupois system, it's the pound.
- The stigmas can only be picked by hand, and it requires 70,000 flowers to obtain one pound avoirdupois of saffron; or 0.5 hectares to yield about 4.5 kg of dried saffron.
- Gold is measured using troy weights (as opposed to the more familiar avoirdupois weights): 24 grains make a pennyweight, and 20 pennyweights make a 31.1-gram troy ounce.
- Just as the apothecary and avoirdupois systems of measurement have faded from our texts so should Young's, Cowling's, Fried's, and Clarke's equations fade into history.
- It shall weigh not less than 5 nor more than 5 1/4 ounces avoirdupois and measure not less than 9 nor more than 9 1/4 inches in circumference.