The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
See Spanish definition of atrocidad
1(of weather, journey) lo espantoso(of weather, journey) lo atroz(of clothes) lo horroroso(of clothes) lo espantoso
- Maybe their titles were inspired by the mind-blowing awfulness of some people's cooking.
- A sequel's awfulness is proportional to the amount by which the budget of the second exceeds that of the first.
- All of this awfulness is laid directly on the dingy doorstep of the writer/director.
- One thing that hasn't changed over the years is the awfulness of the cover photo.
- For some reason, the amount of awfulness given off by this film never seems to affect you directly.
- Many other critics and many, many dance lovers can no longer bear to watch the awfulness of his work.
- He is certainly not above getting laughs out of the sheer awfulness of his characters' tastes and habits.
- One must note the enduring awfulness of the hotels in general.
- Here's the report on the awfulness poor consumers must suffer with this new device.
- It's awfulness is matched only by its lack of originality.
2 literary(of destruction)atrocidad feminine
- The awfulness of it is it's not like any other disease.
- The unspeakable awfulness of September 11 affected stock markets across the world and gutted the international aviation industry.
- He was afraid of being caught before he could accomplish his purpose, but behind this was a vaguer but larger fear of the awfulness of his crime.
- He manages to keep a slightly sinister edge to the role, while never losing sight of the awfulness of Sy's situation.
- Spots of silver dance on the sea, and it almost makes me forget the awfulness of the past few days, though I'm worn out from crying.
- They said they wanted to organize a 'quiet day' where we could meet together and think and pray about the awfulness of the nuclear bomb.
- You get lots of newsreel showing you the awfulness of the regime in the twenties, and the vim and vigor of New York and Hollywood in the same era.
- Upon returning to earth, Dr. Evil learns that his empire of awfulness has gone legit.
- I struggle for anything sensible to say on the awfulness of the deaths.
- So wittingly or not, these corporations are helping to prop up a government notorious for its sheer awfulness and brutality.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!