Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(over door, window) toldo masculine(on deck) toldilla feminine(on deck) toldo masculine(on wagon) entalamadura feminine
- Maybe it's because stripes evoke memories of canvas deck chairs and awnings at fêtes.
- The asylum-seekers could be seen massed on a clearing made among the cargo containers, partly sheltered by canvas awnings.
- I didn't - I got big canvas awnings over a Florida room, and I didn't take those down as I've done in pretty past storms, and they're pretty beat up.
- Sacks of dates and piles of vegetables lay under canvas awnings.
- The colourful awnings over the shop windows, again, gave protection against the sun.
- Also inside the awning was a ground sheet, some shoes and a Tesco carrier bag.
- Jake led me to the side of the buildings where we were hidden from the casts and sheltered from the rain by an awning.
- You develop the stoop that shades your pocket note book from the rain whilst evidence gathering, preferably under an awning covering the pavement.
- All windows on the south, east and west sides are provided with orange canvas awnings like those on old-fashioned shops in English country towns.
- Now I saw the canvas awnings pulled down over the armourer's workshop, the storehouses shut up to keep the goods from damp, the great oak doors of the stable closed.
- Shops spilled out into the thoroughfare, the traffic of furry figures bustling around stalls and awnings and shop windows.
- Quick as dawn, the dogwoods have raised improbable awnings, christened with rain.
- She had to stop in doorways or under awnings to wait every couple blocks so I could catch up.
- The most I am concerned with are those aluminum poles supporting the canvas awning.
- A very large crowd had massed under the awning despite the heavy rain.
- Sam watched Laura run off and she stood under the awning waiting for the rain to let up.
- The tallest of the beaters crashed his head against one of the struts for the canvas awning.
- More than 2,000 signatures have been collected on a petition supporting large sail-like awnings that cover the front of restaurants at the Italian Forum.
- We should be inducing pedestrians: traffic lights set up so that pedestrians don't have to wait so long, more covered footpaths and awnings, more street art.
- For the past 30 years the 58-year-old has worked for a company in Devon that produces blinds and awnings.