The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
- I decline to accept as an axiom that our fate is involved in that of France.
- It is an axiom that every research establishment is strong to the extent of an unbreakable link existing between different generations.
- We have all heard the very true axiom that bookmakers really don't care who wins any given game, as long as there are equal amounts wagered on both sides.
- But at some point, you must reach what one might call a moral axiom that you can't logically demonstrate.
- The taller the man, the bigger the hands is an axiom that doesn't necessarily hold true for wide receivers.
- It is a well-accepted axiom that the software ‘industry’ grew largely because of government indifference, not its help.
- In few other areas of the law is there greater truth to the axiom that ‘justice delayed is justice denied.’
- With so much going on, there is an axiom that if you visit NY for a day you will see most of what you want; for a week, some of what you want; and if you live there, you will see none of it.
- There's an old axiom that ‘Duty is heavier than a mountain, death is lighter than a feather.’
- It is now an axiom that the overwhelming power of the American military machine has reshaped international affairs.
- However the axiom that the quality and cost of the food in a revolving restaurant is in inverse proportion to the height of the tower doesn't apply here.
- We all know the old axiom that writers are, by their very nature, liars.
- Not that any political party cannot be expected to share the motherhood-and-apple-pie axiom that crime is a bad thing.
- This story out of USA Today makes false the axiom that lightning never strikes the same place twice.
- The film is above all a mediation on the optimistic axiom that ‘life goes on’.
- I start from the simple axiom that I own myself, that my life belongs to me and not to someone else.
- It was an axiom that Ireland assimilated settlers in one generation.
- It has long been an axiom that history is re-written by each generation in terms that make sense to it.
- It is an axiom that justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done.
- I used to live by the axiom that it's easier to warm up in the cold than cool off in the heat.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!