The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en Español de eje
2the Axis — el Eje
- Its name originated as a cover term for the countries which fought against the Axis in the Second World War.
- Unlike the Grand Alliance, the Axis coalition formed by the pact had no agreed strategy for fighting the war.
- In North Africa, it represented the whole Free World against the Axis powers - Germany and Italy.
- In 1940, Franco declined Hitler's request to join the Axis in World War Two.
- The Allies are led by Britain, the Axis by Germany and the Comintern by the Soviet Union.
- If Britain controlled the Suez then Germany and the Axis powers could not use it.
- Soon, the Axis powers, led by Nazi Germany, had conquered the whole of Europe.
- As someone who played a victim of the Nazis, I doubt he would've wanted no one to stand up and fight against Hitler and the Axis, ya know?
- The Axis of German forces were dug in along two lines, called by the Allies the Oxalic Line and the Pierson Line.
- The defeat of the Afrika Korps was a brutal blow to the Axis powers.
- Walshe was an admirer of Mussolini and when the war began he favoured an Axis victory.
- As a nation, we can hold our heads high for the role we played in defeating the Nazis and the tyranny of the Axis powers.
- Delivering a left hook to try to trap the Axis forces on the Mareth Line, Freyberg hesitated at the vital moment.
- There, they pronounced the formula of unconditional surrender for the Axis powers.
- Both the Allies and the Axis countries were looking for a new way to encrypt messages - a way that would result in complete security.
- Of course, these weapons were useless if they could not be brought to bear against the Axis powers.
- Their secret agenda, crushing the Axis into submission, was holy and treated as such.
- The Axis in response sought to hold Tunisia with fresh troops and the remnants of the German-Italian army that had fled Egypt.
- Neither XXX nor XIII Corps were able to break through to exploit the more open country to the rear of the Axis position.
- By the summer of 1943, it was already apparent that the Axis powers were confronting defeat.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!