The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1BabelBibleBabel masculinethe Tower of Babel — la Torre de Babel
2literary(confusion)babel masculine, feminine literary
- If we turn to various explanations of how these incidents come about and how to prevent them, we face a babel of opinions.
- The babel of compression types and data formats make it difficult to get everything communicating properly with everything else.
- The babel of languages used in science by the late 19th century was a good argument for a universal, ideally neutral language.
- Allusions to the story of the Fall, I saw, glinted clear as gold through the turbulent babel of the novel's first dozen pages.
- The errors are often funny, but always an insight into the babel of the modern world.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!