Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The other was short, and scrawny, with a babyish pout and white blonde hair.
- But as his talk became clearer, his parents found that he was asking them for the names of the cars he saw and began saying Ambassador and Fiat in his own babyish voice.
- Even when speaking, they do not say anything clever and many of them have a terrible, squeaky voice which foreigners think is babyish and unattractive.
- Clearly, capable confident, can-do people are what Kruglanski dislikes and babyish, helpless people are his ideal.
- Like smoking, which I'd started at 12 and kicked at 15, I considered it a somewhat naff and babyish thing to do once you were legal.
- Haigh does not say so, but this is actually rather babyish.
- So, all in all, and at the risk of being extremely babyish myself, I'd go so far as to say that my argument's bigger than yours.
- She said she was terrified and couldn't remember how he got her out but she did remember the strange babyish voice he used.
- Now, it seems, this babyish sentimentalisation of nature is regarded as a social attribute.
- In the photos he still looks like a baby, isn't walking or talking, his face is much more rounded and babyish.
- Anyway, I pray they will hold their babyish contests somewhere other than London.
- The press could be being babyish; the military could be putting on a brave face.
- In keeping with the association with babyish faces, weak chins are less common in movie villains than in more ‘innocent’ characters.
- Then you know how to act more grown-up on set and be ‘responsible’ except you still look good and babyish on screen.
- Maybe it's simply that like everyone else I found Tony with his babyish skin, his grand ideas and gentle indifference an irresistible target.
- Georgie's babyish voice sounded from the room behind his mother.
- Don't be surprised if there's some deterioration in your child's behaviour or a regression to more babyish ways.
- Do not blame, criticise or punish your child or call them dirty or babyish.
- She glanced at the child she held in her arms, and he looked back with babyish love in his eyes.