Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1recta de fondo feminine
- He fell at the last fence on the back straight but horse and jockey get up unscathed.
- The triangular course is reasonably flat although does have a dip at the beginning of the back straight, the famous Swinley Bottom.
- I knew in the back straight he was going to run a big race from there on in.
- He was always lazy at home and he came off the bridle in the race halfway down the back straight.
- Then I kicked again down the back straight and stayed ahead.
- He went to the front with 700 metres to go and wound the pace up over the penultimate lap before kicking again on the back straight.
- I think the worst place is the hairpin at the end of the back straight but it is quite a wide corner so hopefully everyone will have some space and go safely through.
- I think, had the yellow not come out on that lap, I was on the back straight when it came out, I think I could have gone even faster.
- The actual qualifying lap itself wasn't going too badly in terms of balance, until the back straight going into Turn eight.
- This swings you into turn seven, a right-hander that is negotiated at similar speeds and leads onto the back straight.
- The going at the track was described as good to soft, but frozen patches were still affecting the back straight yesterday.
- Officials ruled he had broken too early in the first back straight and, consequently, was disqualified.
- Running down the back straight - well, there were just so many flashing bulbs.
- There is a good overtaking opportunity at the end of the back straight which should make for an interesting race.
- In the back straight he seemed to be leading but probably had done too much too soon and paid for it in the last 100m.
- He was never really close enough to me coming onto the back straight and he never drafted me, so I chilled out.
- Down the back straight for the last time the pace quickened again and I started to row in rhythm with the horse.
- Finally in the back straight, he settled down, and he beat a steady cadence down the cinder.
- I had very low grip which caused me to slide and run wide before the back straight, which cost me a lot of time.
- While the head wind in the final straight will slow the athletes down, the gains on the back straight may more than compensate for this.