The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(sin cargo específico en el gobierno o la oposición) diputado masculine(sin cargo específico en el gobierno o la oposición) diputada feminine
- Many Liberal backbenchers and opposition members were completely unaware of the negotiations.
- He had lost some right-wing ministers and alienated many backbenchers and supporters outside Parliament.
- The parliament's backbenchers did, however, force Executive ministers to change the law so two questions on religion could be included.
- And would he really not make a better contribution to the national debate than half the backbenchers in parliament?
- Intoxicated by the discovery of their own power, Labour backbenchers celebrated a rare parliamentary victory.
- I can't wait for him to set foot in parliament as a backbencher where he is going to be face to face with the people he always arrogantly insults.
- But a minister whose policy is unpopular with some of his own backbenchers may find opposition support embarrassing.
- His own backbenchers and members of the opposition have all threatened to walk out of Westminster or resign.
- At a private meeting of the Parliamentary Labour Party earlier, the Prime Minister himself urged backbenchers to back him.
- The widespread opposition of Labour backbenchers has forced the health secretary to make some cosmetic changes to the proposals.
- But here he is, threatening to go on and on, surrounded by fawning Labour ministers, backbenchers and constituency delegates.
- The scientists here are being warned not to be disappointed if they don't get to see high ranking politicians, because today's backbencher is tomorrows cabinet member.
- All I ask now is that I be allowed to continue my constituency and Parliamentary work and responsibilities as a backbencher.
- Ministers and backbenchers agree that his continued membership is a source of increasing embarrassment.
- Ideas that raced through his head, as a backbencher, became concrete legislation once he held the Ministerial reins.
- Why do ministers ask so few questions in private, and backbenchers ask so few questions in public?
- The position now reached by the Executive on its repeal is one backbenchers can live with.
- Two of the backbenchers who suddenly find themselves Parliamentary Secretaries will no doubt be thrilled.
- In addition to spending more time in the chamber than most backbenchers, she also has a frontbench job as a spokesman on culture.
- This is the time for Labour backbenchers to put political integrity before government opportunism.
- Es un diputado MP - Member of Parliament del Parlamento británico que no tiene un puesto de responsabilidad en el gobierno o en la oposición. Los backbenchers ocupan los escaños posteriores de la Cámara de los Comunes, detrás de los de los ministros o miembros del gabinete a la sombra Shadow Cabinet . Se espera que voten como se lo ordena el Whip del partido.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!