The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
Ver definición en español de impertinencia
1coloquial(insolence)impertinencia femeninoinsolencia femeninoI don't want any backchat! — ¡no me contestes!
- He said: ‘It is a shame that among these youths there were several who wanted to give us cheek and backchat to try to look the part in front of their friends.’
- The new Education Secretary has announced a crackdown on classroom backchat and persistent insolence.
- She said: ‘We want a zero tolerance approach to disruptive behaviour in all our schools, on everything from backchat to bullying and violence.’
- But they then conceded a silly penalty and compounded their error when, after some backchat, the referee moved them ten metres backwards.
- A frustrated mother, tired of her daughter's bad exam results, lateness and backchat to teachers, decided on drastic action.
- The aspect of the Spanish game that has most surprised him, he says, is the minutes devoted to backchat with referees, the discussions with opponents, the gamesmanship.
- Ms Kelly said it was time to redraw the line on what was acceptable behaviour, and called for an end to backchat, lateness and ignoring uniform rules.
2(repartee)murmullo de fondo masculino
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!