Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1telón de fondo masculine
- Alex is happy with the Art Alliance and has volunteered to paint some scenery backdrops for them.
- His father was an artist who designed backdrops for movies and stage plays.
- Olivier used painted backdrops of French fields and castles that were intended to suggest medieval artistic renderings.
- The two elements have been perfectly blended, allowing for detailed and stylized characters on a colorful backdrop of gorgeous moving skies, richly painted backdrops, and subtle changes in light.
- In high school theatre, the grid is normally the place where techies operate a fly system - in other words, lowering backdrops and scenery using ropes.
- Shakespeare's magical comedy will be played out against a simple backdrop of parkland scenery, he said.
- Rohmer used digital technology to recreate the Paris of the 1790s, fashioning computer-generated scenery and backdrops from paintings of the period.
- The graphics are a little disappointing, and the backdrops and general scenery are quite poor.
- Also in 2000, I helped my art teacher paint backdrops for a school musical, Robin Hood, and joined the mural painting club.
- She took a job painting sets and making backdrops for a film production company, which she then parlayed into a career in art direction.
- The stage backdrop is filled with smoke and the curtains have become brown drapes, some halfway across the stage.
- Set on a bare stage with effective backdrops and use of lighting, there was a beautiful use of lines and lifts in group, pas de deux and solo work, all in contemporary classical form.
- Someday I believe she will be painting the backdrops for them.
- It may take hours of fiddling about with different backdrops of paper or cloth to get the colour right.
- Typically, such painting might be placed on a theatre backdrop, or across a large hall or church nave, or on a high ceiling.
- The patterns on the stage and against the backdrop were beautiful, the movement sensual and relational.
- It continues for over a minute and moves several yards across the stage and into the backdrop promoting the fight.
- ‘To assist this he used subtle backdrops of paint, panel and lighting to allow objects to merge with one another’.
- The venue for the night concerts was a huge field with naturally sloping sides, and the stages were set against backdrops of tall rainforest trees.
- He spoke of the many people who helped behind the scenes, citing as an example those who had painted the backdrops.