Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- He began a solo career singing along to backing tracks on a tape recorder.
- Too frequently, the music sounds like backing tracks awaiting a great soloist to step forward; too infrequently one does.
- He was used to arriving at a studio to find the backing tracks already recorded.
- And there are a lot of interesting sounds in the backing tracks of hip-hop, too, as well as innovative vocal techniques.
- She spent two years singing backing tracks for other artists.
- 'Karaoke' is a Japanese word that means singing to pre-recorded backing tracks of popular songs that have had their lead vocals removed.
- The band consist of just two members, a vocalist/guitarist and a vocalist/bassist with the drums played upon a backing track.
- While most sang with backing tracks, those who did not impressed the judges with their vocal and timing abilities on some difficult songs.
- I'm not one for attacking musicians for playing along to backing tracks.
- Meanwhile, the backing track pops and grooves, slides easily from one sonic moment to the next, and envelops the many layers of synth seamlessly.
- Youngsters who sing on the backing track for the new advert have been presented with a copy of their recording.
- Devoted fans will recognize a lot of the original backing tracks, which all have been remixed and dubbed up with plenty of spacey echo, harsh delay, copious reverb, and psychedelic sound effects.
- On this fourth album, the poetic singer/songwriter guitarist, who makes his own electronic loops and backing tracks, is more ghostly than folksy.
- Despite her public ‘aw shucks’ persona, the girl can sing - it's just a shame that she's never really allowed to soar, afforded little room to move within the unimaginative backing tracks.
- As it stands, it's hard to imagine a bigger waste of great backing tracks.
- But a lavish stage show budget allows all sorts of backing tracks and monitoring to compensate for their slim numbers.
- It mostly seems like they cut and pasted the vocals over the backing tracks, which adds to the disappointment.
- A stream of session musicians had been brought in to play the backing tracks on the album to give them some musical content.
- So I went and ad-libbed to some backing tracks and they took me on straight away.
- Fortunately, the backing track overpowers the unrelenting lyrical assault, making the song enjoyable regardless of its difficulties.