Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(adverse reaction)reacción violenta femininethere are fears of a Christian backlash — se teme una violenta reacción por parte de los cristianos
- Women have seen this development as a backlash against equality and democracy.
- Today rogue animosity fuels a backlash against the development of the global economy and the spread of democracy.
- They both maintained there would not be a political backlash against Labour in the next General Election.
- Trust in the Prime Minister has collapsed, and that is prompting a backlash against all mainstream politicians.
- The other Asian power, India, is - like Europe - facing a political backlash against economic globalisation.
- Scripts submitted this year indicate that there is a backlash against the social realism which has dominated Scottish cinema.
- Pilot schemes have shown this could work - but a backlash against modernity would drain the political will to achieve this.
- A strong backlash among patients developed while the bill was being considered in the legislature.
- In Melbourne there is a backlash against these types of guys, because they often have nothing intelligent to say.
- He's concerned about creating a backlash against the military.
- He argues a backlash against ‘multiculturalism’ has begun.
- We've been told that Republican Party polling has showed huge support for Republicans and a backlash against the Democrats.
- It led to a backlash against France and French visitors.
- They can hardly be surprised when their own behavior provokes a backlash.
- The reaction on the doorstep has been very positive and the Green Party is hopeful it will pick up on what it says is a backlash against the Government parties.
- Politicians will face a severe public backlash if power shortages occur.
- The anti-immigrant backlash of the last decade also has deep roots in the crisis of the post-war social contract.
- Her family, who made a nice living running a business, feared anti-Semitic backlash.
- Food producers and distributors expect a massive consumer backlash to labeled GM foods.
- That's leading to a big consumer backlash and that definitely has to stop.
- The trigger pull is adjustable for distance as well as for pull weight and backlash.
2.2(excessive play)juego excesivo masculine