Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(of house)→ backyard
2(waste ground)terreno masculinebaldío
3Cinema(junto a un estudio) plató de exteriores masculine
- Despite the fact the film is entirely shot on the studio's backlot in Hollywood, it even manages to convey a European flavour.
- In a film genre simply awash with studio backlots and blue screen trickery, this film has its own distinctive look.
- If you can manage to avoid obsessing on the obvious sets and studio backlots, and the sometimes ill-advised camera maneuvers, and pay attention to the acting and writing, then you won't be disappointed.
- Instead, she winds up in one of those squeaky clean, multicultural turn-of-the-century New York neighborhoods that only existed, so far as we know, on studio backlots.
- These amazing sequences appear to be a seamless combination of miniature sets, superimposed floodwaters, and cutaways to stuntmen floundering on the backlot under a rushing wall of water at least nine feet high.
- The chase scene, and her sped-up sprint through a backlot in hoop skirt and bloomers, are pure slapstick.
- He had a 44-year run in this business, building a reputation as one of the best production designers to have ever walked a backlot.
- It turns Italy into a backlot and its history into a punchline.
- She's here to earn her designated parking space at the studio backlot.
- Besides that, there was an actual forest that was transplanted to the backlot so when we burned the forest, we really burned a forest.
- Around this time there was a silent short involving midgets frolicking on a backlot.
- The trail has tended in the past to lead from the Broadway stage to the Hollywood backlot.
- The difference these days's that it's not shot on the backlot and this is a real travelogue as well, with south-east Asia looking spectacular.
- Here's a relatively big budget put to good use, with some atmospheric location shooting instead of the standard backlots and backdrops.
- Filming the movie on location in New York and San Francisco and on an elaborate backlot in Los Angeles adds a verisimilitude that the filmmakers hope will offer a different kind of power.
- Nathan, Rudy, Natalie and I hung out at the backlot.
- A ship inside the backlot is a near full-sized model of the Manuia berthed at nearby Miramar wharf.
- We got lost finding our way back to the limo, and ended up on the backlot again, where we walked past one of the costume departments.
- Extensive sets were also constructed, both on location and on the Culver City backlot.
- The $200-million project would be the first production backlot built in Los Angeles in a quarter century.