Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Why he would go to such extraordinary lengths is baffling.
- Talking to someone who doesn't give you her full attention is rather baffling.
- How a state could enforce such mind-bogglingly stupid policies is baffling.
- The referee whistles for a goal-kick, which is rather baffling.
- Occasionally, however, the movie connection is just baffling.
- The decision to go on with the game was baffling.
- There is nothing baffling about its language at all.
- The most baffling aspect of the season has been the collapse of the defense.
- An equally baffling fire broke out last week in Fayetteville, Missouri.
- This may explain something of the bond which was otherwise baffling to their acquaintances.
- At first glance, this state of affairs is baffling.
- Indeed what is baffling is that they don't share the same level of success overseas.
- The hitherto baffling puzzles can now be solved.
- Make no mistake: the world of investment is vast and baffling.
- The theater was designed without either front hanging points (for lights and sound equipment) or built-in ceiling lights, which is baffling.
- The tax system was described as "arbitrary" and the relationship between estate annual values and resources appeared somewhat baffling.
- It is baffling why the Department of Defense has made this ruling.
- There is a baffling array of ISA funds out there, offered by a vast number of investment companies.
- His management style, his beliefs, are a baffling blend that defies categorization.
- All I did was introduce myself, and she paid me what seemed at first like a baffling compliment.