The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1Cocinashe bakes her own bread — hace el pan en casa
- bake in a hot oven — hornear en horno caliente
- do you fry it or bake it? — ¿lo fríes o lo haces al horno?
- baked potato — papa asada / al horno
- baked custard
- baked Alaska — Alaska al horno
- The advantage lies in the fact that microwave oven bakes the moist ingredients about three times faster.
- She entered the kitchen to the enticing smell of beef stew, newly baked bread, and apple pie.
- We cook, bake bread, make cheese, sew, make soap and candles, and milk goats.
- I'm also pretty good at English puddings: I like cooking baked apples, crème brûlée and rice pudding.
- Line the tart with foil, fill with baking beans and cook for 10 min.
- Stuffing it into her mouth, she grunted and let the cook get on with baking the bread.
- She had put up a table for the presents, put balloons and streamers everywhere and helped the cook bake her own cake.
- A conventional gas or electric oven bakes bread with a lot of hot air, or convection.
- Together we discovered a sack of flour, mixed it with water, started the ovens and baked flat breads.
- Lorna served a thick meat-filled stew, with fresh baked bread and warm apple pie for dessert.
- While baking the cake we cooked the fish and chips and ate the food as it was gradually cooked while talking about terrible plane incidents on QANTAS airlines.
- My mother cooked everything and baked our cakes.
- Hop Sing served roast beef, new potatoes in gravy, fresh baked bread, and apples in a glazed cinnamon sauce.
- Fan-assisted ovens and baking bread simply don't go together.
- The kitchen faces part of the restaurant and I was encouraged to see that they had installed a wood-fired oven for baking pizzas.
- She loves us a lot and cooks lovely dinners and bakes nice buns and tarts.
- To distract myself from the wait for Elle to deliver, I had cooked them the same fruited breads and baked sausages that I served the soldiers.
- The old ovens are wood-fired and bake beautiful bread.
- Some examples of healthy comfort food include baked sweet potatoes, minestrone soup or sauteed vegetables over rice.
- But it wasn't until my mother baked Apple Pye that the king deigned to visit.
- To help keep larger cuts of meat from drying out while broiling, grilling or baking, sear them first.
- While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients, first the butter and brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts.
- While the pie was baking, she removed some vegetables and meat from the icebox to prepare for dinner.
- While the squash is baking, place 1/4 cup of olive oil into your soup pot that has been placed over medium heat.
- Once the cookies were baking, we took a break, and walked into the living room.
- Cookies will bake more evenly if they spend equal time on the top and bottom racks of the oven.
- While cake is baking, make the icing by mixing together cream cheese, creme fraiche, butter, vanilla, sugar and walnuts.
- When the cake has baked, take it out and invert onto a sugared baking sheet.
- This can be made ahead, then reheated while the biscuits or corn bread are baking.
- I guess we should just go up to her while our cake is baking and tell her just how we feel.
- While apples are baking, place remaining sugar and spices into the sauce pan, ensuring it's well mixed.
- Soda bread or cakes were baked in the pot oven over the dying embers of the fire and covered with a few sods of burning turf.
- It may not look special, but it is special: the sauce is fresh, the cheese is real, the crust is baked in a wood-burning oven.
- After the bread was baked, ovens could have been utilised for a range of dishes that needed long, slow cooking.
- The pizzas were freshly baked in a brick oven and tasted absolutely fantastic.
- The bread is baked in a wood-fired oven, which takes two weeks to reach temperature.
- Originally, the biscuits were baked in large industrial ovens, but the recipe has been altered so that one can bake them in a domestic oven.
- All the pizzas are freshly baked in the downstairs oven which can be seen by diners and passers-by alike.
- It was, of course, understood that the factory was being built as a bakery making specialist breads and that these breads would be baked in ovens.
- This version is particularly easy to make, because the fish is placed raw in a baking dish and covered with the boiling sauce, before being baked in the oven for a few minutes.
- bake in a hot oven — hornear en horno caliente
2(in sun)(brick) cocer al solthe mud has been baked hard by the sun — el sol ha endurecido el barro
- And unusual weather takes the fun out of summer, as many people bake in the worst heat wave in years.
- We had been in the Gulf for several months, baking in the summer heat.
- The BSE crisis came on top of a poor crop production year in 2003 as most of western Canada baked under a summer-long heat wave.
- Yorkshire's tourist attractions experienced mixed fortunes last year as the country baked in the scorching summer weather.
- He recalled putting his gas mask on 14 times the previous day, which meant spending about six or seven hours baking in 35C heat in a mask.
- Floods in some streets created impromptu swimming pools for many Iraqis baking in the relentless heat.
- We sat in bunkers, baking in the heat, hoping the next one didn't carry the bug.
- It will be remembered as the summer that Britain baked - but according to a new study, the heatwave of 2003 was no act of God.
- He recalled that day vividly, the warmth on his cheek, the smell of the fish he had caught, baking in heat, as they lay on the floor of his boat.
- If it was where our Sun is, we would be baking in heat 700 times hotter than we suffer today.
- Out on the sidewalk patio, Mantra's inviting overstuffed wing chairs baked in the heat.
- Summer had faded into fall, but even as September wore on Paris still baked under a strange late heat wave that showed no sign of letting up.
- I saw other storks in Cordoba, Spain, baking in the 116 degree heat on the top of a statue.
- The earth bakes under the late summer sun, battered by the sudden violence of summer storms.
- The ground baked hard that summer and we felt no compassion for anyone but ourselves.
1Cocinamy mother used to bake on Fridays — mi madre hacía pasteles (or pan etc.) los viernes
2(in sun)(brick) cocerse al sol
3coloquial(in the heat)morirse de calor coloquialasarse coloquial
reunión donde se consume comida hecha al horno(meal)
- To date they have made paella, pasta bake, and fishcakes.
- Typical products affected by the alert are shepherd's pies, pasta bakes, cottage pies, chicken wings, sausage casseroles, pizzas, steak and kidney pies and chilli con carne.
- This is the second time in a few weeks that a similar scenario has ensued in different circumstances and I am rather tired of eating overpriced pasta bake and being made to feel that being veggie is a nuisance.
- I returned to bed for two hours, and then eventually went to Wetherspoons where I had two glasses of Perrier and a Mediterranean vegetable pasta bake and treacle sponge.
- But - and here's where my life has moved on since my youth - watching the game was accompanied with a vegetable pasta bake and red wine.
- Ann was highly delighted with her choice of vegetable and pasta bake topped with cheese and tastefully garnished at £4.99.
- Instead I opted for a vegetable pasta bake concoction which came with two vegetables of your choice.
- Cheese and spinach cannelloni with salad or pasta bake and garlic bread.
- The new menu also includes a variety of soups, salads, appetisers, pasta and bakes and of course, all those pizzas.
- I am serving them with a complement dish of cauliflower and broccoli bake and a nice cold glass of wine or beer.
- In the south, pasta bakes tend to be more tomato-based, like the Abruzzi dish with lamb or the famous timballo described so eloquently in Giuseppe di Lampedusa's novel The Leopard.
- Len's wife Maggie serves up a very tasty pasta and chicken bake with jacket potatoes.
- I bought canned tuna instead and took it home to do a pasta bake, which sat in the pan until Paul left the office and came around to eat.
- Originally a ‘journey bake,’ cooked especially so that it will remain edible on a long journey.
- When he arrived he had decided to make a root vegetable bake from his new tiny vegetarian cookbook (as we are his newest group of friends and we are all vegetarians he is dipping his toe into our world of eating).
- Had a lovely tea with Major and Mini Kira the other night, we are all very skint indeed but thank the lord for pasta bake and chicken nuggets!
- They started getting tired, so we went inside and ate the tuna pasta bake i made.
- With dishes such as Spanish quiche, lamb and potato mousaka, pasta bakes, home-made bread and daily fruit and salad bars, 75 per cent of the menu is freshly prepared on site.
- She then ran into the kitchen to grab the potato bake she had prepared earlier that day (in case she decided to go), grabbed her keys and ran out of her apartment.
- I think about that, and I think about being subjected to that while ordering a nice cauliflower bake at a restaurant and I just get sick.
plato hecho al horno(dish)
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!