Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- The first synthetic polymer, called Bakelite (a polymer made from phenol and formaldehyde) was invented by Leo Baekeland in 1907.
- The first synthetic polymer produced by a condensation reaction was Bakelite.
- Also, items made of the wartime plastic-like Bakelite material had passed the underwater test of time in very good condition.
- For example, the major raw material of Bakelite is coal tar, which was a waste product from the making of coke from coal.
- He is, after all, talking into a heavy, black, old, Bakelite telephone handset, with a thick coiled cord leading into his pocket.