The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(tip) propina feminine(bribe) soborno masculine(bribe) mordida feminine Mexico informal(bribe) coima feminine South America informal
- By the time we finished, a small group of children had gathered around our car and they called out in Arabic, ‘baksheesh! baksheesh!’
- In the old days the uncertainty provided a lucrative source of supplemental income for town-hall bureaucrats who would tip you the wink for a little discreet baksheesh.
- He explained: ‘I love baksheesh because it gives me certainty and predictability.’
- Since the average baksheesh for foreigners is between 10 and 20 leva, I am well ahead of the game.
- Elders make an income by taxi driving and baksheesh from tomb guardianship.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!