Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1paparruchas feminine informaltonterías feminine
- And all this talk of it being a man's world is pure balderdash, poppycock and gibberish.
- I've got to say that it's absolute balderdash and poppycock.
- ‘What I have heard tonight is a bunch of balderdash,’ she said of council's concerns.
- Given that the paper printed tens of thousands of words of willful balderdash from 2001 to 2003, the admission leaves something to be desired, but that's scarcely surprising.
- There's a diplomatic word for that: balderdash.
- But this is balderdash disguised as genuine debate.
- I don't know what trick question those 30 percent of respondents were asked, but the answer they are said to have given is balderdash.
- There's so much balderdash associated with shutting down my office for a trip that I rarely manage to get much sleep on the night before.
- Personally, I think that argument is a load of balderdash.
- Some claim that this is balderdash and that the warming of the Atlantic waters this year is due to simple luck.
- He claims that Burkean conservatives believe in a natural, immutable order of things - which is balderdash.
- His remarks are utter balderdash from start to finish and illustrate the truly lamentable decline of science into ideological propaganda.
- Zero-sum budgets bring out the worst mix of balderdash and partisanship among politicians.
- Most of it is balderdash, and has very little, if anything, to do with the appalling rate of fatalities on our roads.
- This is so much balderdash that you wonder how it can be repeated with a straight face.
- Chances are that they already know it's balderdash but are enjoying the idea too much to give it up.
- In professional terms, this is referred to as our ‘mission statement,’ or a ‘statement of priorities,’ or perhaps ‘total balderdash.’
- ‘Such self-improvement balderdash will do nothing but relegate you to a career in mediocrity,’ Eliot contends.
- As to Lu's performance, so much of what she has both done and said recently has been embarrassing balderdash.
- Eventually, he discovered a home for his talents in the world of frontier journalism, where balderdash in the cause of boosterism was rarely considered a vice.