Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(movement) de ballet(elegance/grace) de bailarina
- There's something extraordinary about an industrial robot at work - mainly because of their truly balletic sense of movement, full of precision and elegance.
- Denis collaborated with choreographer Bernardo Montet on the film and at times it has the appearance of an extended dance piece, brutal and balletic.
- Both subsequently were premiered as complete balletic pieces.
- Their balletic movements are heightened versions of everyday gestures; their costumes are mundane.
- And though the movement vocabulary was unmistakably balletic, the visual appeal of the work may more often be associated with rock music videos.
- But as for the rest of the work, its makers had their hands full pushing the notion that balletic dance movements could stand in for street-gang macho.
- Suddenly, the feeble figure on the bed leapt up with a balletic movement, and, clutching its stomach, sprinted towards the toilet.
- This was probably the most balletic of the pieces, with a concern for purity of line.
- The opera is beautifully suited to the balletic form, with a dramatic setting, strongly drawn characters and a plot of enduring depth.
- Some Christians decided to be offended, but Jerry also features tap-dancing klansmen and The Producers, famously, features balletic storm-troopers.
- The 25-year-old was at her balletic best against the feisty Myskina as she skipped into the semi-finals for the third time in her past three visits.
- Four dancers, bare-chested in flesh-coloured tights, moved in a soft balletic style, weaving in and out of a clever pattern of parallel leaps and arches.
- And obviously, the Russians always have a beautiful balletic style.
- But ultimately all that action, superbly choreographed and balletic, is only a contrivance and nothing more.
- It's the physical action she likes, especially stunts involving ‘flying’ and balletic fight sequences.
- ‘This is a balletic way of examining people's ethnic attitudes,’ Dokeva said.
- More athletic than balletic, she skated like a well-trained chimp.
- Like the conflicting elements of wind and fire, the two men engage in an hour-long balletic duel, chasing each other across the stage.
- These stylized balletic duels are lovely to look at, but, let's face it - enough is enough already.
- Sitting on the photography bench on the edge of the court, I don't think I've seen anything so balletic, visceral and exciting.