Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Evans provides an admirable overview of early ballooning and of the first US and Confederate air forces.
- The only departure from this order occurs in an appendix on military ballooning during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- North Carolina was a launching ground for real and imaginary ballooning adventures as early as 1789.
- However, many developers and publishers are already getting headaches from the thoughts of ballooning development teams and costs.
- When my ballooning trips were going horribly wrong, I got pretty nervous.
- I started off with five other colleagues I knew quite well - ballooning is a small tight-knit community.
- Asked what the ideal weather conditions for ballooning are, Gerry replied: ‘We need relatively calm weather and no rain.’
- I don't know what I would do after going up Everest, I certainly wouldn't want to take up ballooning.
- In this high-tech age ballooning is satisfyingly old-fashioned, though it has come a long way since the first balloon attempts of the 18th century.
- Apparently some basic rule of physics about hot air rising has the consequence that the best time to go ballooning is a winter morning, when it's really cold.
- That's when I began to recognize what a thrilling, yet deeply calming, experience ballooning is.
- Mr Noble, who attended Burnley Grammar School, took up ballooning in 1974.
- What most appeals to Bob about ballooning is the sense of perspective it offers.
- A test drive in a Ferrari or hot-air ballooning are among the suggestions.
- But if the idea of white water rafting, paint balling, or hot air ballooning appeals to you, then perhaps you should take a look.
- There are now companies dedicated to their organisation, offering activities from hot - air ballooning to health spas, paintballing to makeovers.
- Winds are key to ballooning - the skilled pilot uses different wind speeds at different altitudes to move in the desired direction.
- There are opportunities for all manner of outdoor activities: riding, canoeing, ballooning, and even diving.
- He gave a trophy for long-distance hot-air ballooning in 1906 that started the modern sport (the international Gordon Bennett balloon race still continues).