Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1región de clima templado feminine
- Alaskans, with what passes for humour, call this relatively temperate south-eastern corner of their state ‘the banana belt’.
- It also thrives in the banana belts of the inland valleys if they are well enough protected.
- But it's an unusual pocket of warmth, resulting from marine effects and a coastline that curves inland, that has helped to earn this area a reputation as the banana belt of Oregon.
- In fact, some slopes are called banana belts, because they remain frost-free much longer than valley floors, which may be subjected to hard frosts.
- When high peaks are buried in snow, valleys on the lea side are often banana belts - areas of warmer than expected weather.