Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1US(promissory note)pagaré masculine
- Those means cannot be provided by printing banknotes and by credit on the bank books.
- Its foremost vehicle in continental Europe is the issue of non-redeemable legal tender banknotes.
- It is, therefore, something of a misnomer to speak of the transfer of funds as there is no actual transfer of coins and banknotes from the payer to the payee.
- Virtually all of the cash dispensers in the Netherlands were providing euro banknotes by the end of the first day of its entry into circulation.
- Her speciality is not art, or banknotes, but celebrities and their most valued asset - their image.
- If Robinson Crusoe had been shipwrecked with a chest full of British banknotes, they wouldn't have done him any good.
- That was a hijacked shipment of old banknotes on its way to be burned.
- Last Post agents were shocked at the news this week that practically all German euro banknotes contain traces of cocaine.
- Then passport, watch, banknotes and other valuables are stolen while he sleeps in a Spanish resort.
- Within weeks, nearly everyone was using the new banknotes and coins.
- The BBC Radio 2 DJ Johnnie Walker, for example, made headlines after a photo taken during an investigation appeared to show him sniffing something through a rolled banknote.
- Keynes once observed that a good way to generate work was for the Treasury to bury old banknotes deep under the ground and leave it to private enterprise to dig them up.
- Individual merchants and financiers had long issued personal bills of exchange, from which developed the cheque and the banknote - at first for special named customers, then for general use.
- In Zimbabwe, the central bank attempted to tackle the shortage of banknotes.
- After that date, only the central bank will be buying banknotes of the currencies for leva.
- A body search of Prajim revealed 4,320 baht in cash and 150 bogus banknotes.
- He kept the state treasure in banknotes in a shoebox beneath his bed, where it was devalued from time to time by the gnawing of rats.
- A group called Banknote Watch is promoting the use of machines that stain banknotes during robbery attempts.
- In the banknote section we find eight very interesting Thai banknotes to be auctioned.
2British(paper money)billete de banco masculine