Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Drugs for which subjects were tested included cocaine, opiates, marijuana, phencyclidine, benzodiazepines, methaqualone, methadone, propoxyphene, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- Amphetamines, barbiturates, tranquilizers, sleeping pills, anti-depressants, and analgesics, for example, were available over the counter or through a doctor's prescription and were widely used.
- Until twenty years ago the main group of sedative drugs were the barbiturates, now almost entirely replaced by the benzodiazepines.
- Tranquilizers, amphetamines, barbiturates, marijuana, or hallucinogens were listed by the remaining 9% of the women as their primary drug.
- Other types of drugs, including barbiturates, sedative antidepressants, and antipsychotic drugs, are less preferred because of their side effects (which range from gastric irritation to high risk of addiction).
- Urine screening tests for drugs of abuse detect general classes of compounds, such as amphetamines, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, or opiates.
- The only two classes of drugs that show any sign of modest increase - at least among 12 th graders - are barbiturate sedatives and minor tranquilizers.
- Siva's devotees are forbidden to use drugs of abuse, such as cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, barbiturates, psychedelics and marijuana, unless prescribed by a licensed physician.
- These drugs fall into three subgroups: barbiturates and barbiturate-like drugs, minor tranquilizers and alcohol.
- Clearly, however, without further research, a presumption that temporal consistencies exist for other drugs, such as marijuana, barbiturates, and methamphetamine, would be an unsubstantiated one.
- We found minor differences in prevalence rates for some broad drug categories, such as cocaine, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- Random urine toxicology screens were done at admission and several times throughout the inpatient treatment program to confirm the absence of any cocaine, opiates, barbiturates, or benzodiazapines.
- For example, because alcohol, barbiturates and sedative-hypnotics accelerate methadone metabolism, they foster withdrawal symptoms.
- They note that sedative drugs such as benzodiazepines, barbiturates, deep sedation, and anesthesia may increase the amount of faster background EEG readings and interfere with interpretation.
- The third measure, polydrug use, is the sum of hallucinogen, amphetamine, barbiturate, cocaine, and heroin use.
- In addition, there were also significant differences on use of hallucinogens, tranquilizers, barbiturates, and inhalants between these two groups.
- Female adolescents with sexual abuse histories were also more likely to use hallucinogens, tranquilizers, barbiturates, and inhalants.
- The specific drugs included marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, PCP, barbiturates, and amphetamines.
- It is recommended, therefore, that the current study be replicated with less popular drugs of abuse, such as barbiturates, benzodiazepines, and methamphetamine.
- Class B drugs, which carry a maximum penalty of two years for possession and five years for trafficking, include amphetamine, marijuana and barbiturates.