Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1(male bartender) barman masculine(male bartender) camarero masculine Spain(female bartender) mesera feminine(female bartender) camarera feminine Spain(female bartender) moza feminine Southern Cone(bar owner) tabernero masculine US(bar owner) tabernera feminine US
- Her barkeeps have researched new drinks for the spring, and they've tweaked and taste-tested a lot of cocktails to get just the right balance of sour, sweet, bitter and strength.
- Enchanters liked to wander around the land rewarding people for good deeds and occasionally getting drunk and rewarding barkeeps for good beer.
- She made her way through the couples still standing on the dance floor and then ordered a drink from the barkeeper who happened to be a good friend of hers.
- The barkeeper finally set the drink down in front of her and watched her cuddle it close to her.
- I was playing pool against some kind of buffoon, who proceeded to shout at me as my colleague (a dynamo on the table, truly) had been away awhile obtaining drinks from the barkeep.
- The clientele went back to their business, mostly drinking, and the barkeep went in back, presumably to get Julian's food.
- As she sat, the barkeep refilled her drink, apologizing profusely.
- Raven walked up beside him and pretended nothing of him as he ordered a strong drink from the barkeep.
- Kane sat there thinking and watching everyone as the barkeeper went and served more people.
- But Martin turned away, leaving him to tell it to the barkeeper, until that worthy was called away to furnish drinks to two farmers who, coming in, accepted Martin's invitation.
- They exited the saloon after paying the barkeep and began to walk the streets until they received a call from Chidori reminding her to pick up the wire they needed for the guns.
- Without asking permission, the barkeep swipes the driver's license through a card reader and the device flashes a green light approving the order.
- He felt someone tap on his shoulder and turned to see the barkeep, he took his drink and paid him, then relaxed and sat in silence.
- He boldly tugs the barkeep's jacket to get served, but immediately gets bullied by one of the patrons for no reason other than that he's a new face and an easy mark.
- The barkeep, cleaning a shot glass with a dirty rag, turns and shakes his head, ‘Would you get a load of that?’
- The general good cheer of the bar was, for a brief time, nearly turned to disaster by a dispute between Laurie's husband and the local barkeep.
- I suggest you get your friendly barkeep to give it to you in a large glass, in this case a plastic beer mug, with a lot of ginger ale so it is somewhat dilute.
- The staff, a barkeeper and two barmaids, wore nothing to mark them as wealthy.
- Just another night in the life of a bar waitress, I thought to myself as Gil, the barkeeper, finished cleaning another batch of mugs and smiled as I approached.
- This year's search, part of Grand Marnier's annual support of the celebrated New York Film Festival, brought in hundreds of recipes, culled from barkeeps throughout the city and metropolitan area.