Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Mrs Catling, a married mother-of-two, was ‘fast-tracked’ into the Labour-held seat last year after a barnstorming performance in the last General Election, when she cut the majority by half.
- It wasn't quite the barnstorming performance of previous eras.
- Clapton has covered the Johnson songbook throughout his career, most famously in ‘Crossroads’, his barnstorming showstopper when he was in Cream more than 30 years ago.
- Seven of the nine selections are Peterson compositions and rather than a barnstorming concert opener, Oscar chooses a quiet, reflective piece, Nighttime.
- In the Best Supporting Actor category, Chris Cooper deservedly picked up the gold statuette for his barnstorming performance in Adaptation.
- After a multitude of barnstorming performances on the left side, Danny Tiatto was judged the best player in the Maine Road ranks last campaign.
- Beckham clearly felt his barnstorming performance on Wednesday night was the right moment to quit on a high.
- It is a beautiful and well thought out characterisation and more effective to me than the rather barnstorming performance of Michael Feast in the same role at Chichester.
- Following Andrew Bolt's barnstorming performance on ABC Victoria last Friday, I decided to test the Herald Sun ban once again by submitting the following letter for publication.
- US Ryder Cup captain Curtis Strange led the praise for Colin Montgomerie after the Scot's barnstorming performance in Europe's famous victory.
- What did he make of Bobo Balde's barnstorming performance in Vigo?
- Even something as barnstorming, and as seemingly tied to the attendant distortion, as ‘Six Barrel Shotgun’ would work just as well as an acoustic stomper.
- Peter Mandelson delivered an extraordinary, barnstorming speech that (I never thought I'd write this) eloquently expressed the views of the left - or the Israeli left, at least.
- Porter featured again, with Kim Criswell barnstorming her way through I've Still Got My Health.
- The Chancellor's conference speeches are always barnstorming.
- It's not as barnstorming as many interpretations but carefully charting all the work's expressive depths; both the A major Rondo and the lengthy A minor Allegro are done with equal sensitivity.
- Brian Minto took on Vincent Maddalone in what we can classify as barnstorming affair.
- Those who are fans of great barnstorming piano works will most definitely warm to this disc which is expertly annotated and scintillatingly interpreted from first note to last.
- The lithe spirit is somewhat changed for the Sixth Concerto which is a full blown four movement work containing much barnstorming and magnificence all around.
- That the let's-put-on-a-show plot was age-old mattered not among lively performances, inventive comedy and barnstorming dance routines.