Learn English Grammar From A–Z
- Consider an outfielder who cleanly fields a base hit and returns the ball to the infield.
- I got a base hit in the top of the eighth inning to put us ahead 1-0.
- Palmeiro has slapped what would be base hits, but the ball has rolled directly to the second baseman's new location.
- Carillon sent 10 batters to the plate in the seventh scoring four runs on four walks, two base hits and two errors.
- Before each series, we go over scouting reports that show where the other team's base hits go.