The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1(starting point)línea base feminine
- An alternative to creating external baselines is to use comparisons of rates of stops and other behaviors among police officers to identify typical rates.
- That requires constant path and point observations of the whole world all the time so that we have baselines for comparison.
- This establishes a baseline for comparison after the test stimulation.
- However, this study does provide a useful baseline for future comparison.
- The fault-free case provided a baseline for comparison with the cases that reflect fault modes.
- Perhaps, but at least Miller's methodology provides a baseline for comparison.
- The antioxidant nature of vitamin C makes it a popular vitamin for biomedical studies, so it provides a fair baseline for comparison.
- The image is used as a baseline for comparison from year to year.
- We begin with the description of these bulk sites to establish a baseline for future comparisons.
- Projections also provide a baseline for comparison with drug use in subsequent years.
- It surely will be both the starting point and a baseline for numerous subsequent studies.
- Benchmarking is the process of establishing a baseline measurement for comparison.
- All the estimates are subject to error, but they do provide a baseline for comparative purposes.
- Hopefully when we come back, we have a good baseline, or starting position.
- There is no way that the results from this control group could provide a comparison or baseline for simple guessing.
- Winkenwerder said the questionnaire would provide a baseline for medical information about the troops.
- Now in experimental areas in computer science I find that we are far from such a baseline expectation.
- The telephone numbers in the sampling frame were then randomized to produce a baseline data bank.
- Also required was an accurate baseline measurement so that the scale of the triangulation could be fixed precisely.
- The international standards used as baselines to certify security best practice are changing.
2(in tennis, volleyball) línea de saque feminine(in baseball) línea de bases feminine
- In its upper reaches the stream and its banks are bare as the baseline from home plate to first base.
- With runners on first and second, the batter hits a slow roller between the pitcher's mound and the third baseline.
- If a runner goes beyond the extension of a fielder's outstretched arm, he is considered out of the baseline.
- For example, you can place a ball down the first baseline by aiming towards the base itself.
- She has an ally in Seles, the player whose double-fisted power game from the baseline provided the template for so many of the current crop.
- Help is on the way; Jackson hit about a dozen threes in a row from the baseline before the game.
- He watched those games from the baseline underneath the basket with a level of intentness belying his youth.
- Breaking Agassi by out rallying him from the baseline, he took his next service game to love.
- That play sends Hamilton scurrying across the court, then back along the baseline and up toward the free throw line.
- This is just a fun deal where you have all the kids line up on the baseline.
- One line starts on the baseline near the threepoint line and one near the top of the key.
- The line judges on the baseline and the tramline thought it was a winner, too, but Henman begged to differ.
- If you go baseline to half court, have the kids face the same direction both ways.
- He is not as aggressive from the baseline as Agassi once was.
- At the same time, the ballboys had to wipe the sweat from the baseline on Mirnyi's side of the court as his tormentor worked him into a lather.
- It's supposed to be 21 feet from the net to the service line and then 18 feet to the baseline.
- He can spin by defenders on the baseline, draw double-teams and hit midrange jumpers.
- Out wide at the back of the court, Borg hits a top-spin forehand and scuttles back to the middle, to a spot a couple of feet behind the baseline.
- He can also back up behind the baseline to get more distance from the defender.
- The problem with this is that I am always playing about four feet behind the baseline.
- In a tight game played almost entirely from the baseline, Dokic had a chance to take the first set when she held a break point at 4-4.
- He decides to grab a seat along the baseline and wait for the game to end.
- The Russian is quick around the court, consistent from the baseline but has little more to offer.
- When they make it to you, they speed dribble back to their starting baseline and do it again.
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!