Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1inglés elemental masculineinglés básico masculine
- They were enthusiasts for something called Basic English, an educational tool that limited the language's vocabulary to 850 words and, as far as possible, only its more regular verb forms.
- An ardent propagandist for so-called Basic English, a project which reduced the language to a mere 850 words, he was also a precursor of today's global industry of English-language teaching.
- It is ironic that his political aims for Basic English were foiled by his very ignorance of and inattention to politics itself as a constitutive force in human affairs.
- He founded the Orthological Institute to develop the tools for teaching Basic English.
- There are five main parts to the Basic English word list: operators, things (general), things (pictured), qualities (general), qualities (opposite).