Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1.1(for liquid, food)cuenco masculinebol masculinetazón masculine
- People saw them turn over her basins of food and all the tofu products, eggs and all, splashed on the ground.
- Put the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar, eggs and the extra yolk in the basin of a food mixer (you will need the beater attachment).
- Some of his flagons, tankards, plates, saucers, salts, basins, and chamber pots, although unspecified as to material, were undoubtedly also made of pewter.
- If you don't have a suitable mixing container, such as a plastic basin or a wheelbarrow, prepare the mix on a piece of scrap plywood.
- Then one evening a neighbour came in to the place where they were churning and he looked at all the milk in the baths, pails and basins and asked them what they were doing.
- The list is substantial, totalling more than 15,500 ounces and including many decorated ewers and basins, livery pots, cups and salts, as well as large quantities of plain utilitarian plate.
- These were the old florally decorated type to match their basin and jug sets.
- I plugged the fridge out on Saturday night, packing the depleted food supplies into a basin.
- As a small boy of five or six years, I often watched as she carefully cleared her stone of eggs from the big basin, and placed them carefully in this basket.
- Then he pours a basin of chestnuts, about 8 kilograms, into the pot and stirs vigorously.
- However, if you wanted to stock up on discounted Pyrex or Tupperware dishes, plastic basins or buckets and scented and non-scented candles, it offered good value.
- Several butter dishes and basins in which milk was stored while the cream separated were ordered and delivered, but later removed from the final service.
- Cook slowly in a basin over hot water until thickened.
- To serve, dip the basin briefly into hot water and invert on to a serving dish.
- On the table, was a basin of water, and circle stone and a lit candle.
- In the middle is an enormous table with a big basin, like a wine cooler.
- A portable boiler for 50 basins of soup, basins and spoons are being lent by Mr Etheridge, a member of the education committee.
- There were also four round, usually open, sugar bowls resembling water basins and four large low bowls on brazierlike stands, two for each side of the rotunda.
- The water tinkled as it flowed down into the silver-lined basins at the bottom of the fountains.
- She walked over to her cooking area and got a basin of sanitized water out, and a cloth, and began cleaning his wounds.
1.2hand basinBritishlavamanos masculinelavabo masculine Spainlavatorio masculine Southern Conepileta feminine River Plate
1.3(of fountain)pila femininepilón masculine
- He returned to his boat at the yacht basin and fell into the water after feeling ill as he boarded the boat.
- The marine development proposed by Smith & Son Investments will consist of an ocean marina with a yacht basin.
- Some had ventured beyond the yacht basin, but few had gone further than Port of Spain.
- On Rarotonga, ongoing development work includes a new check in area at the international airport and construction of a harbour basin for small fishing boats.
- We love Camachee Cove Marina here, with its enclosed basin, two lounges, Internet access, two loaner cars and yacht yard.
- He said a large amount of water would be needed to fill the marina basin and any increase in boat traffic on the canal would take more water.
- In addition, the company will market six residential lots, each with a private boat slip, fronting on the Intracoastal and the marina basin.
- The yacht basin will form the focal point of the development and will comprise berthing for small craft, a timeshare hotel, a yacht club, shops and kiosks.
- As for those six waterfront home sites, three would front the Intracoastal and the other three would be on the marina basin, all with private docks.
- Some of them, indeed, may have spent their formative years bobbing in America's yacht basins.
- Australian business people are looking into building a yacht basin in the town of Nessebar, an Attraction Park in Shabla, a golf course, and a hotel at the Albena resort.
- Best fish of the week, a superb rainbow weighing 7lb 8oz, was taken by Phil Hall from Maidenhead while boat fishing the main basin.
- Stroll the paved waterfront walk along Marine Drive and explore the east and west mooring basins.
- After two-and-a-half hours of being stuck, the tide turned, releasing the pressure on the boat and allowing it to be towed by the water rescue unit back to the canal basin.
- The scale and topography of the district, with its alternation of finger-like islands and wide dock basins, influenced many aspects of the project.
- The art of sailing is defined, except on the open basins, by the skipper's ability to estimate from the water's surface patterns what the surrounding hills are doing to the wind.
- The granite sea wall, which is being constructed on the northern side of the port's main breakwater, will be built to contain basin sediments dredged from the harbour.
- The basin fills up with colourful narrowboats from far and wide, and the banks are packed out with canalfolk, localfolk and the usual kebabvanfolk who congregate at events such as this.
- During this interval, the sea was restricted to a narrow passage of not more than 100 km wide adjacent to the eastern margin of the basin.
- The second priority is the removal of the old boatyard slipway which, Mr. Farrell said, is a constant threat to vessels using the east basin and should be demolished.
3.1(catchment area)cuenca feminine
- The team was on the 17 April flight to seed clouds in the Walker and Carson river basins south of Lake Tahoe.
- Assistance to the Land Forces in defensive and offensive operations in coastal sectors, as well as in areas of lake and river basins adjacent to the front.
- Both species are distributed widely across eastern North America, including the Great Lakes and Ohio River drainage basins.
- In addition, there's likely to be heavy snowfall accumulations in the mountains of Colorado and Wyoming that feed that Platte River drainage basins.
- The Nile rises far to the south of Egypt, in Ethiopia and in the drainage basin of Lake Victoria.
- The drainage basin of Lake Oloidien is hydrologically closed so that water losses are due almost entirely to evaporation.
- A total of 145 countries have territory in shared river basins, and in the past 50 years 200 treaties have been signed about international water courses.
- A lovely feature of the garden is the showing of the River Shannon and its basin and estuary by flowing water, symbolic of peace and tranquillity.
- Over the years, human settlement along the river basin has increased as the population has expanded.
- The area to be irrigated in the basin of the Khabur River, a major tributary of the Euphrates in the Syrian territory, is 137,000 ha.
- Other regions of the lake basin have experienced much more extensive sedimentation impacts related to deforestation.
- He proposed connecting the water supply across different river basins, built new canals with many sluices to control the water level, and achieved great success with the improvements which he was able to make.
- The Environment Agency said that two flood basins had been opened this morning to try to avert flooding problems.
- Contained within the wetland basin are 264 species of freshwater fish.
- In the Amazon basin it is one of the most popular articles of food, a position fully justified by its nutritional qualities.
- Filling with water, the basin became a shallow mountain lake; streams ran down into the lake, and plants colonized its shores.
- Well, the lagoons are shallow basins of water planted up with aquatic plant species that naturally occur in low-lying wetland areas.
- But that's what those marshlands are designed to do, to act as natural water basins, to trap some of this water and protect these areas.
- Then, as heavy spring rains flood the region, these shallow basins fill with water, creating vernal pools.
- Water and sediment control basins generally are used where gully erosion is a problem and a grassed waterway cannot be installed or maintained because of large volumes of runoff water.
- These basins were interpreted to contain thick Old Red Sandstone sediments and to have resulted from the extensional collapse of thickened Caledonian crust.
- In other parts of the Selendi and Usak-Gure basins, the group contains only tilted sedimentary units due to the extensional tectonics in the region.
- These polygonal basins contain up to 6 km of sediment overlying a salt layer several kilometres thick.
- On the margins of the basin the Upper Balder contains a high proportion of tuffs, tuffaceous muds and tuffaceous sands.
- An alternative mechanism to open the rift basins is subduction rollback of the Indian plate to the west of Thailand.