Learn English Grammar From A–Z
1.1(for shopping) canasta feminine Latin America(for shopping) cesta feminine Spain(on hot-air balloon) barquilla femininelinen / laundry basket — canasto de la ropa sucia
- basket chair — silla de mimbre
- basket maker — cestero
- basket making — cestería
- Place dishes in a wire basket or other container and dip them in a sanitizing solution.
- Something else struck me in the picture, and that was that the women going about their shopping all carried baskets or shopping bags, not a plastic carrier in sight.
- Many of these were used for other purposes, such as laundry baskets or to carry alcohol.
- Where she used to make the climb from the basement, carrying a laundry basket, now she finds the ascent daunting.
- She was carrying a large basket of laundry in her hands, and looked more than a little surprised to see her there.
- If you cannot think of a special container, a laundry basket would serve a dual purpose.
- In one hand he carries a briefcase and in the other a wire basket for his purchases.
- She is shown from the back crossing a field of hay carrying a laundry-laden basket with the added surprise of a flushed hen pheasant in the distance.
- People walked to and fro carrying baskets and bags with strange symbols on them and stopped periodically to allow horse drawn carriages through.
- Check the dollar stores for plastic bins, baskets and containers.
- Most gardeners begin their foray into container gardening with baskets and boxes of colorful annual flowers.
- They laughed and came into the dining room carrying various bowls and baskets.
- Each basket contained forty individual packets, done up in color-coded plastic wrap.
- Select one that is potted in a bushel basket or other large container or balled with burlap into a large, firm root ball.
- The front of a dim sum restaurant has a long steam tray covered with stacks of bamboo baskets containing all kinds of delicious treats.
- All six floors of the building are packed with books and shoppers, pushing trolleys and carrying baskets.
- He didn't do much preparation either, and ended up packing all his dirty clothes - basically by emptying the laundry basket into his suitcase.
- In these homes there is never more than a couple of mugs on the draining board, the ironing basket never contains more than three garments and the car keys are never lost.
- Also on display are wire baskets and baskets with beadwork incorporated into their weave.
- For more open containers, like a wire basket, line it with moss purchased at a craft store or garden center.
- When partially inflated, the air is heated by a burner and the envelope rises above the basket.
- The heated air that lifts the balloon comes from a hydrocarbon gas burner attached above the basket.
- Explore beautiful Colorado from the basket of a hot air balloon.
- Our balloon baskets are divided into compartments for your safety, and there will usually be three or four passengers in any one compartment.
- Cameras are allowed in the balloon basket at participants' own risk.
- basket chair — silla de mimbre
1.2(quantity)canasta feminine Latin Americacesta feminine Spain
- However, the central bank persisted in pegging the baht to a basket of currencies in which the dollar had 80 per cent influence.
- Now it is possible that in the first six months of next year, they move to an exchange rate that is tied to a basket of currencies.
- Consequently, he is advising investors to buy a basket of commodities such as copper, sugar, cotton, corn and crude oil.
- The index, compiled from a basket of 13 hedge funds, has risen by 13.8 per cent this year.
- They are usually invested in a basket of stocks, bonds, property and cash.
1.3Financebasket of currencies — canasta de divisas
2.1(goal)canasta femininecesto masculine
- They almost won, even though they only scored 2 real baskets the whole game.
- We went out and scored the first basket in the second half and couldn't continue the pace.
- Many of his title game baskets were scored after setting up deep in the low post.
- It takes him another minute to finally score a basket - a 20-foot jump shot that rattles off the back iron and falls in.
- We did score a few baskets, but the game was mostly one sided.
2.2(score)canasta feminineenceste masculine
3US slang(male genitals)paquete masculine informal
4British informal, euphemistic(bastard)hijo de su madre masculine informal, euphemistichija de su madre feminine informal, euphemistic